Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday 12 February - Our first seeds


It was a horrible blustery, wet day and feeling guilty about my dawn run on the seed site, I baked Spouse a cake. I also surfed some other allotment blogs from a list that was kindly posted by Jean. There are some fantastic blogs on the web and I will try and add as many as possible to the links part of mine. I wonder how long it would take Nick & Steve to build a chicken run...

We called up to Plot 21 after lunch to witness Mel planting our very first seeds. I finally realised what all the dangling CDs are for on other plots - birds have been pecking up our garlic and shallots. Hopefully they haven't had them all and I had bought a fleece tunnel with yesterdays coldframe on ebay which will protect them until I can steal enough of Spouse's Roy Harper CDs.

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Thanks Wizer, both Mel & I have wanted an allotment for years but thought it would be too much to take on by ourselves. It is so nice to have someone to do it with! I really do covet your raised beds though - I think that's a project for the Spouses next winter...