Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday 8th April - The Were Rabbit Commeth

Never mind Bird flu, Steve sent me a link to the BBC news site which is reporting a monster rabbit eating large amounts of veg from allotments in Felton. The plot holders have hired two gunmen to shoot the beast on sight. The ITV site quotes allotment holder Jeff Smith who claims the footprints are, "about the size of a deer's". Northumberland Today shows this picture of Mr Smith with what the giant rabbit might look like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this story ran today? Not LAST Saturday? I'm dubious and intrigued all at the same time.

Frankie said...

Hi Pumpkin Soup,

No one would have believed it as an April Fool - it's too daft!

Petunia's Gardener said...

My husband showed me this news story earlier today. I wonder if there is a blogger in any of the impacted allotments to fill us in. Actually, I think our mole is that size!